Anixter, what's your experience with them?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Anixter, what's your experience with them?

• 5 star, my go to supplier. I love them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better than average

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • take itor leave it, meh average.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • What's an Anixter? I believe the correct name is aardvark

• Generally displeased, only use them when I must

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lying cheating thieving crooks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

five.five-six

I'll post up my experience later because I'd like to see what you have to say but I will say this: I have my regular suppliers that I am happy with. I have made 2 purchases from them because they seem to be the only place I can find type FCC cable and components. I had very similar experiences both times I purchased from them, I just want to see if my experience with Anixter is unique or if it's common place.

They were our primary supplier for many years. I'm not sure why we don't still use them, but they always did a good job for us. The only issue that I remember us having was that they didn't stock a lot of what we purchased at their local branch, so nearly everything we would buy had to be shipped. Graybar seems to stock a lot more items locally and has three branches within an hour or so drive. That might be the reason that we shifted away from Anixter.

five.five-six

I am not very happy with them. I have dealt with them twice and both times they charged me for internal shipping, meaning I wanted a product in LA but it was in their wearhouse in say Chicago or Reno and they charged me to ship it internally.... but they didn't give me a quote on shipping and both times it added more than 25% to the quote they gave me on the materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.