Another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertd

Occupation
electrical contractor
"The reason we can’t buy this device in a regular store is because it is contrary to the interests of the state."

:lol:

-Hal

More likely, stores have real assets they could loose if someone sues them and wins.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
More likely, stores have real assets they could loose if someone sues them and wins.

Yes. I believe HD (maybe Lowe’s, maybe Ace, maybe all of them?) got sued a few years ago over a similar device they were selling called a “Green Plug” or some such BS. A smart person with a smart lawyer went after the national retailer for fraud because it / they had deep enough pockets to make it worth the trouble. Suing a Chinese company that has no legal presence in your country is a total waste of time.

kwired

Electron manager
Yes. I believe HD (maybe Lowe’s, maybe Ace, maybe all of them?) got sued a few years ago over a similar device they were selling called a “Green Plug” or some such BS. A smart person with a smart lawyer went after the national retailer for fraud because it / they had deep enough pockets to make it worth the trouble. Suing a Chinese company that has no legal presence in your country is a total waste of time.
Such stores have plenty of "junk" they sell and not just in the electrical dept. that if isn't fraudulent is pretty close to it.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Actually, that's my point. Their target demographic understands "power" more than "energy".

When I was a young'un, our POCO was named 'Consumers Power'.

3466942968_039bc37756_b.jpg

It is now 'Consumers Energy'.

Consumers-Energy-Logo.jpg

Tony S

jraef will probably remember from another forum a scam were a lightly loaded motor would automatically swap from delta to star. Again supposedly to save energy, it made absolutely no difference but people still bought them.

Besoeker

jraef will probably remember from another forum a scam were a lightly loaded motor would automatically swap from delta to star. Again supposedly to save energy, it made absolutely no difference but people still bought them.
Let's ditch star-delta starters...........

Status
Not open for further replies.