Another Starbucks gem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

There were 3 like this in the store wondering how they were able to get this work with installs like that!
3a1b107a4023af8213a4d28b53ea4f09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I couldn't tell that there was rubber cord running thru the walls. If so, it never got inspected or the inspector was unaware of the code issue.

kwired

Electron manager
Wonder how much that thing draws and what that switch is rated at.

-Hal
Hard to say, they have similar looking units from only 1.5 kW to 15 kW, single and three phase, 208,240, 277 and 480 volts.

If it is a smaller unit, a 20 amp general use switch may be sufficient.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
What we find in WA, and our compliance inspectors, is a business (Walmart I know of) contacts with a nation wide electrical contractor for microwaves in breakrooms, they roll thru and install, when caught with out proper permits etc, they get to go back and do all over again.

kwired

Electron manager
What we find in WA, and our compliance inspectors, is a business (Walmart I know of) contacts with a nation wide electrical contractor for microwaves in breakrooms, they roll thru and install, when caught with out proper permits etc, they get to go back and do all over again.
What so special about these microwaves that a permit is needed to install them? Most already have a cord and plug on them, so unless you need to install a new receptacle for it, all you need to do is plug it in.

Kind of find it hard to believe they don't just take one from inventory if the old one needs replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.