Ansi Z-41 Xx.... - Eh

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Ansi Z-41 Xx.... - Eh

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

mdshunk said:
I go for the "EH" boots just to get the non-metallic steel toe. Easier on the tootsies in the winter time.
Non-metalic toes need not be a requirement for EH rating - it does help[ lighten the load though.... Apparently to get the EH rating if I remember this off the top of the head the Meg them (maybe) at 14000V and need to have 3mA or less current measured for 60 seconds - same for steel toed, nonmetalic capped, or non-steel toed versions.

electricmanscott said:
I have horrendous feet that don't fit into many shoes. These have such a wide toebox and steel toe I can wear regular width comfortably.
You might like Doc Martins - the toe box is usualy much wider than other cock-roach killing style - but you may never find some you can try on as I can only find the "Industrial" line - on-line.... Just beware the sizes are UK

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
electricmanscott said:
http://www.timberland.com/sm-mens-endurance-6-inch-titan-xl-safety-toe-brown-nubuck--pi-3012595.html

These have such a wide toebox and steel toe I can wear regular width comfortably.

The description above shows this Timberland Feature:
PowerFit™ ..climate control technology to regulate temperature and control moisture buildup and a wider, roomier toe cap that provides a better fit.

OK, fitting the toes is possible, but moister in my Redwing's is killing me, feet itch, gota kick off boots in the car. Scott, are your socks really dry when these Timberland boots come off?

Last edited:

electricmanscott

ramsy said:
The description above shows this Timberland Feature:
PowerFit? ..climate control technology to regulate temperature and control moisture buildup and a wider, roomier toe cap that provides a better fit.

OK, fitting the toes is possible, but moister in my Redwing's is killing me, feet itch, gota kick off boots in the car. Scott, are your socks really dry when these Timberland boots come off?

The climate control works great but my back is killing me from carrying around the dehumidifier.

Seriously I've only had these for about a week. I was wearing standard issue Timberland boots but my feet have been hurting lately so I was looking for something more comfortable. So far so good on the comfort and the moisture seems to be better. I don;'t think my socks have been soaked quite like the regular boots I was wearing. I'll keep an eye on it this week.

cschmid

i am a red wing fan and have been for years and yes with the fiber toe instead of steal and EH with out so when no toe protection required can wear boot with out it..nicer on toes in winter..red wing owns couple of other brands as well..redwing.com maybe want to share boot styles..

Status
Not open for further replies.