Any one worked on a Verint DVR before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgelectric

Im trying to connect to a Verint dvr but am having trouble doing so.
When I power up the unit verint logo appears then the monitor goes blank.
Ive also tried connecting to it via PC but no luck. I know im missing something but cant seem to figure it out.
Never worked on one before...

iwire

Staff member
I would contact Verint for help but be prepared, they are pretty tough about making sure you are someone touching their equipment that should be. They want to know who owns the equipment and may want passwords / authorization. The equipment is not made to be 'untrained user' friendly.

http://www.verint.com/solutions/contacting-verint-support/index

The only Veriant DVRs I have worked on have just black boxes with virtually no indicators or controls, they are meant to be set up and accessed via a network with propitiatory software.

verint-edgevr-50-network-video-recorder-nvr.jpg

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I would contact Verint for help but be prepared, they are pretty tough about making sure you are someone touching their equipment that should be. They want to know who owns the equipment and may want passwords / authorization. The equipment is not made to be 'untrained user' friendly.

http://www.verint.com/solutions/contacting-verint-support/index

The only Veriant DVRs I have worked on have just black boxes with virtually no indicators or controls, they are meant to be set up and accessed via a network with propitiatory software.
I guess that fits. The boxes think that they are gods and you need to use special software rites to propitiate them. ;)

nhfire77

Im trying to connect to a Verint dvr but am having trouble doing so.
When I power up the unit verint logo appears then the monitor goes blank.
Ive also tried connecting to it via PC but no luck. I know im missing something but cant seem to figure it out.
Never worked on one before...

The logo is in the bios boot up I Believe. It sounds like a bad drive or the unit has fried. Their t ch support won't help you unless you are a dealer. Assuming the local monitor was displaying something before like a quad, the HDD is bad most likely. If not, try to connect locally..... But you must use a crossover cable, reassign your PC's NIC to the IP scheme of the Verint unit and use a compatiable version of VidCenter.

nhfire77

That must depend on the account. When I worked on these it was for ToysRus and BabiesRus. In those cases Verint helped me but I did get the contact via ToysRus.

Yes. They knew who you (and I) sub for when the customer name or unit serial was referenced. Thankfully Verint is no longer being used for replacements there.

bgelectric

The logo is in the bios boot up I Believe. It sounds like a bad drive or the unit has fried. Their t ch support won't help you unless you are a dealer. Assuming the local monitor was displaying something before like a quad, the HDD is bad most likely. If not, try to connect locally..... But you must use a crossover cable, reassign your PC's NIC to the IP scheme of the Verint unit and use a compatiable version of VidCenter.

Crossover cable is easy, although not having any information on the unit its hard to determine the version of vidcenter currently used with the dvr as well as the ip scheme of the DVR. I believe i have the correct ip address of the dvr since its labeled on the unit and im able to ping it. But thats as far as i can get with it.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Crossover cable is easy, although not having any information on the unit its hard to determine the version of vidcenter currently used with the dvr as well as the ip scheme of the DVR. I believe i have the correct ip address of the dvr since its labeled on the unit and im able to ping it. But thats as far as i can get with it.
Being able to ping tells you that the cable is correct and the low level network hardware and software is running. But ping is an ICMP function that does not use a particular port. To go beyond that you need to know for sure on what port numbers the box is supposed to be listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.