Anyone ever encounter an emergency exit sign light that wasn't cheap garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had something so frustrating to install. You touch them and they crumble. You have one spec of dirt on you and they get black fingerprints everywhere which do not wipe off from anything. Then u finish installing it and make sure the wires u fed it with aren't behind the lettering just last step Is adjusting the head...u pull the head out along the track and boom it snaps on u. Then the ones u did get up are either pulling the ceiling tile up or some jackass comes a long with pipe or a ladder and now its hanging. What a horrible horrible thing to deal with. They really aren't to bad if u know what you're doing but get this every single one you get is a different design it's like they change em every time they r ordered for a new job. The metal ones are cast pot metal and the plastic ones are some cheap recycled plastic more brittle than Bakelite.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Sure, they can be better but I've not really had any problems with them. You can't be "ham fisted" and you need to wash your hands like you need to do with other finish work. What do the ceiling tiles you touch look like? :eek:hmy:

-Hal

Sure, they can be better but I've not really had any problems with them. You can't be "ham fisted" and you need to wash your hands like you need to do with other finish work. What do the ceiling tiles you touch look like? :eek:hmy:

-Hal
The cieling tiles I touch don't get dirty I'm careful with both of em I try to keep my hands clean I need to just start wearing latex gloves it slows me down too much. That's the same excuse I give my girl as well haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.