Anyone know a cheaper way ?

Smash

Got a warehouse with 50 UFOs the fixtures are already purchased by the owner with a utility company rebate. So the fixture style is not negotiable. It’s a 200W TCP high bay UFO with an attachment cord only. There is no way to hardwire in and out of these no knock outs can’t drill any you’ll void the warranty. So plug receptacle, is my choice. There’s an overhead crane which runs the entire length of the 240ft building it creates vibration on the steel. So now my cost I need twist lock 240V plug and matching receptacle $20 I attachment hook $5 1900 deep box and single whole cover my cost is about $45 each not counting any wiring, connectors, or jack chain that’s $2250.00 for 50 fixtures. Anyone know a better cheaper way ? I thought of sleeving the cord in greenfield and hardwiring but pretty sure that’s not per code.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
Just the price of the job. Small percentage of the whole job especially if you’re installing the branch circuits.

And you’ll save a bunch of time not running a whip to each fixture and wiring it up. 👍

some ideas
1. Use a regular straight blade cap and recep, put a zip tie around it if you are worried about it coming out
2. Hardwire it with the factory cord
3. can you screw a handy box to the top and spliice over to MC if you feel you must have MC?

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Got a warehouse with 50 UFOs the fixtures are already purchased by the owner with a utility company rebate. So the fixture style is not negotiable. It’s a 200W TCP high bay UFO with an attachment cord only. There is no way to hardwire in and out of these no knock outs can’t drill any you’ll void the warranty. So plug receptacle, is my choice. There’s an overhead crane which runs the entire length of the 240ft building it creates vibration on the steel. So now my cost I need twist lock 240V plug and matching receptacle $20 I attachment hook $5 1900 deep box and single whole cover my cost is about $45 each not counting any wiring, connectors, or jack chain that’s $2250.00 for 50 fixtures. Anyone know a better cheaper way ? I thought of sleeving the cord in greenfield and hardwiring but pretty sure that’s not per code.
No need to sleeve the cord, NEC
400.10 Uses Permitted.
(A) Uses. Flexible cords and flexible cables shall be used only
for the following:
(1) Pendants.
(2) Wiring of luminaires.

Per 400.10 (B) no attachment plug needed:

(B) Attachment Plugs. Where used as permitted in
400.10(A)(3), (A)(6), and (A)(8), each flexible cord shall be
equipped with an attachment plug and shall be energized from
a receptacle outlet or cord connector body.