Anyone using the CH renovation panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

I just got a price on the Cutler Hammer CH renovation panel package that has insulated terminal bars mounted toward the top for when you replace a panel and some of the old circuits are too short for the new panel.

The price is not great but it is not horrible either. I get better pricing on SqD QO but I don't like using QO for residential due to the price.

A Cutler Hammer 200/40 renovation panal with the 2 terminal strips comes with 5-sp 20's, 5-sp 15's, one 50 and one 30 dbl. Includes the main 200a breaker of course.

I like the CH because of the nice long, raised terminal bars on either side which makes them easier to wire than a SQ D, Homelie or QO.

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, the price was $298.

I pay $180. for a Sq D QO 200/40 (all single phase residential stuff btw)

Buck Parrish

peter d said:
You can buy quite a few wirenuts for $120. ;)

I agree with peter. It would have to be for a special situation before I would buy a panel like that. A special situation would mean I have looked at the job and realized it would be easier to do with that panel. Otherwise I would either make junctions under the house or attic It is also code compliant to splice wires in the panel box, That would be best..

ivsenroute

The CH comes with the breakers that I listed, the QO comes only with the main. The cover is also included in the $298 price so with the breakers and the cover it is very comparable.

Of course I could always stick with a Homeline and save lots of money.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.