Apartment service voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
True and often not noticed. Except when boiling water :happyyes:

I worked for a number of years in an area of many residential high rises. Used to get a fair number of complaints from people about heating appliances under performing. Water heaters were an easy fix as elements at 208 have always been readily available. Most other appliances not so much an easy fix.

RumRunner

Occupation
Retired EE
You're probably right that most of this equipment is dual rated for 208 or 240 volts, as mentioned at 208 volts the output would be lower.

Rarely do I see my wife (if ever)-- set any appliance with LOW-MEDIUM-HIGH setting operate the appliance at max HIGH.
It doesn't matter whether the appliance is resistance heating or induction heating . . . she always set the knob in the middle.
So, the difference in output of 208/240 volts is totally of no concern to her as long as it gets the job done.
She is a minimalist.

(Watching the midnight sun over the horizon off the coast of Denmark)

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
(Watching the midnight sun over the horizon off the coast of Denmark)

We need pics for that dude. Common on :happyyes::happyyes: I'm watching a 60 watt light bulb illuminate my den through a shade. While it comes close, it still isn't your view :cool:

RumRunner

Occupation
Retired EE
We need pics for that dude. Common on :happyyes::happyyes: I'm watching a 60 watt light bulb illuminate my den through a shade. While it comes close, it still isn't your view :cool:

I still need to sort out hundreds of shots I took from across all the Baltic countries including Russia. Will do when I get back stateside.
Thanks for the interest.
:D

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I still need to sort out hundreds of shots I took from across all the Baltic countries including Russia. Will do when I get back stateside.
Thanks for the interest.

I hope some of those shots include electrical panels (with their covers off preferable), service drops, sockets, appliances, utility poles, transmission lines and substations. Thats they only real reason to travel :thumbsup: Whats the supply at your place btw? :)

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Thanks for the interest.

"If it's Tuesday, it must be Denmark."

Status
Not open for further replies.