Applying for a Contractor License in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreaaryan

Occupation
Electrician
Good evening all,
I am filling out an application for the CSLB C-10 LICENSE , the work experience is asking for a license number that i worked under during a period however the place I worked was not a contractor it was a factory.
Will this experience qualify on my application if not can I request the board to review my job description and responsibilities to earn the credit for that time? I have already called the CSLB multiple times and they use the generic "not my depart" , " I am not able to speak on how the certification units determines what would qualify as experience" lines. Should i just submit the application and hope for the best or does someone know exactly how they determine qualified experience.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Your attempting to move from being an industrial / plant electrician to a C-10 qualifier ?
And since your not required to be, I take it your not a 'certified' as California Journeyman electrician?

mooreaaryan

Occupation
Electrician
I am certified but the time at the plant was not for a c-10 contractor it was a direct hire position Does that time count as qualified experience?

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
I am certified but the time at the plant was not for a c-10 contractor it was a direct hire position Does that time count as qualified experience?
I would think it does,
From what I can find the law does not say that 4 years of journeyman experience needs to be working for a contractor.
Others here might chime in with more recent experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.