Architectural architectural appurtenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natfuelbilll

Design calls for a wall-mounted control panel. However there is a large concrete structure at the junction between the wall and parking lot. The structure is a concrete curb that is 24" deep and 18" high and runs along the entire length of the wall. The control panel is to be mounted above the curb.

So, is this an architectural appurtenance that 110.26(E)(2) is referring to?

I think the panel needs to be built on a rack that places the front of the control panel in line and at the same distance from the wall as the vertical edge of the curb.

Thank you

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Design calls for a wall-mounted control panel. However there is a large concrete structure at the junction between the wall and parking lot. The structure is a concrete curb that is 24" deep and 18" high and runs along the entire length of the wall. The control panel is to be mounted above the curb.

So, is this an architectural appurtenance that 110.26(E)(2) is referring to?

I think the panel needs to be built on a rack that places the front of the control panel in line and at the same distance from the wall as the vertical edge of the curb.

Thank you

depends on what the AHJ says. it wouldn't fly in long beach, huntington beach, or ...... so i'd ask.

look at the bright side. if you build it, almost anyone can say "nice rack" near a hot mike around it,
without it becoming a media moment. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.