Archs for lighting counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My guess is that he's asking about architectural drawings for light fixture takeoffs.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Old school.

41hfPiHKt2L._SS400_.jpg

61M1j8%2BqaaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ritelec

Sorry everyone it was early when I posted. I meant arch dwgs compared to electrical.

Same guy are you saying you qualify electricals???

Qualify electricals?

Are you asking do you compare the architectural drawings to the reflected ceiling plan?

Are you texting...........I know I suck at this but jeez..........is this some type of pig latin.

ritelec

I think thats what your asking.

I would take off the electrical print.........as that is what everyone is bidding on.

But , you may want to check if there is a discrepancy between the architectural and electrical, as if you get the contract and you may go for an extra if it's not on your electrical, they may get you for the "your responsible for everything" clause.

If that is what you were asking.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Sorry everyone it was early when I posted. I meant arch dwgs compared to electrical.

Same guy are you saying you qualify electricals???

You need to get out in the field and see how the work gets done. At times the switch could be shown on one side of the door but the "Archs" show other side; fixture count off elec. might be high/low of Archs.; then RFI and fight on lower elec. count, shhh on high elec. count.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I think thats what your asking.

I would take off the electrical print.........as that is what everyone is bidding on.

But , you may want to check if there is a discrepancy between the architectural and electrical, as if you get the contract and you may go for an extra if it's not on your electrical, they may get you for the "your responsible for everything" clause.

If that is what you were asking.

My apologies. Yes, I was asking if everyone compares the archs to the electricals. That's how I was taught. And if you get the job 99% you would own the arch drawings

ksmith846

Most of the time the most expensive way to resolve the discrepancy is what prevails anyhow. Hope for bad plans and start counting up the $$ for the change orders due to the owner paying bottom dollar for cheap plans. Watch out for "CYA" notes written if by the EE.

Status
Not open for further replies.