Are leather gloves optional for HRC 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arwiseman

Leather gloves

Leather gloves

Hi all,
I need help with the leather glove question. When operating a breaker (no shock hazard), we need to wear leather gloves. That is a pretty broad category. Does anyone have anymore specific guidance?
Thanks.
Tony

zog

Hi all,
I need help with the leather glove question. When operating a breaker (no shock hazard), we need to wear leather gloves. That is a pretty broad category. Does anyone have anymore specific guidance?
Thanks.
Tony

Good question and yes this is a broad catagory. The 70E handbook recommeneds using the leather protectors from your rubber gloves.

TxEngr

From 70E 130.7(C)(13)FPN : "Heavy-duty leather (e.g. greater than 12 oz/yd2) gloves provide protection suitable up to Hazard/Risk Category 2". That's the only specific guidance that I've seen.

rickymcc

shock protection

shock protection

We are currently going thru arc Flash here at General Mills. We have been told that we should wear our rubber gloves with the leathers over them when testing voltage with a meter. Has anyone encountered trouble when wearing these gloves ? It is going to take some getting used to.

zog

We are currently going thru arc Flash here at General Mills. We have been told that we should wear our rubber gloves with the leathers over them when testing voltage with a meter. Has anyone encountered trouble when wearing these gloves ? It is going to take some getting used to.

It will take some getting used to but if you do it all the time you will forget you are wearing them. Be sure to get the right class for the job and to get the gloves sized properly for your hands, that makes the biggest difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.