Are the cables correctly supported in the picture below?

Elect117

Occupation
Engineer E.E. P.E.
There are programs like ETAP that can provide the spacing information. I don't have the program but I have seen others on here post models.

I don't know if the code should mention a study be done when over a certain number of cables stacked or configured in such a way to have one cable enclosed by others.

It also matters WAY more when we talk about higher ampacity circuits then just 120A feeders.

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
Looks like bundling to me. As far as spacing I would say the cables should not touch. But cables are going to touch but not for an extended distance and that distance is not defined.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
The ampacity adjustment rule does not use the word "bundled". It requires that you "maintain spacing" between the cables to avoid a requirement for ampacity adjustment. To me that is saying if you want to avoid the ampacity adjustment, you have to do something to maintain the spacing.
Like allowing the cables to sag between supports? I just don't see how there is any way to comply withe code or not to comply when it is so vague.