Are these supply side taps?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
What's the model number of the meter main? Was there a label with any info about it?

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Hmmm, could it be this bold text near bottom left of label?
"Suitable for connection to utility interactive equipment ......Order subfeed lug kit CAT. NO. SR69064A"

wholelabel.jpg right of label.jpg

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
"Suitable for connection to utility interactive equipment ......Order subfeed lug kit CAT. NO. SR69064A"
I'd have to agree with you, and there are probably threaded studs under the caps.

This video shows different buses, but the kit, just lugs, does install in the same place.

Designer101

Occupation
Solar and ESS Designer
What are these?
(black insulated bolts(?) in upper left, on main bus bars)
Newish Square D 200A combo meter/main

View attachment 2570697
i have used similar Panel

SC3042M200PF but bottom fed, pretty handy for supply side connection. but this one doesnot have cover to protect the connection like this one has?

Attachments

• sq d one.png
    sq d one.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 16
  • sq d Supply side..png
    sq d Supply side..png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

brycenesbitt

Sure looks like it.
All in one accessory, Homeline, combination service entrance, lug kit, terminal, solar ready
Product availability: Non-Stock - SR69064A $79
1711505568391.png
The install instructions are a bit scary but they do address the difficulty of installing line side taps AND installing non-split CT clamps for current monitoring using the above, even on older panels without the lugs. Sharpen your torque wrench for this one:

Zee

SC3042M200PF but bottom fed, pretty handy for supply side connection. but this one doesnot have cover to protect the connection like this one has?
Nice connection in your install photo!

Nope, no insulating cover found. (I did not install it)
Perhaps because the feeder bus bars are insulated?

Zee

So it looks like I can backup the whole house with an Enphase battery system thru these terminals?

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
So it looks like I can backup the whole house with an Enphase battery system thru these terminals?
Only if Enphase has a meter based isolation device comparable to Tesla's Backup Switch, as the Microgrid Isolation Device has to be upstream (utility side) of both the BESS and the loads to be backed up.

Cheers, Wayne

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
If you move all the load breakers to a different panel. I think it makes more sense for partial home backup with some loads not backed up.

The lugs get you around the 70A backfeed restriction if you have to apply the 120% rule. Not much more than that.

Zee

If you move all the load breakers to a different panel. I think it makes more sense for partial home backup with some loads not backed up.

The lugs get you around the 70A backfeed restriction if you have to apply the 120% rule. Not much more than that.
I appreciate the desire to only back up critical loads in a new sub panel (SP). More efficient.

However, customer wants at least 20 kwh of battery, and everything, including heat pump HVAC, backed up.

Really my reason is: I HATE the "spaghetti" ((#10 and #12 wires and wire nuts) and ton of labor involved with pulling and rebuilding a new back up SP. So many issues arise, starting with 3-wire circuits.
I have learned to put that money toward more battery and just backing up the whole damn house - if possible.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
Then this panel doesn't help.

We do manage to do a lot of it without spaghetti and too many wire nuts. We actually move the circuits. Yes it takes more time and we charge more.

kwired

Electron manager

Seems there is another cover that has been removed, but at same time what is the point of the barriers on the main breaker lugs if there is no cover on these supply side tap lugs and an additional cover that provides barrier for all of them?