Art. 517.73(A)(2) Vs. Art 660.6(B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCBee

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand the differences between these two code requirements for X-Ray equipment. Feeder calculation utilizing 660.6(B) gives a higher amperage value than Art. 517.73(A)(2) does. I am wondering when to use one verses the other. Thanks.

ZCBee

I know that article 517 covers the special requirements for healthcare facilities and article 660's scope is non-healthcare uses of x-ray devices. I am trying to figure out why the demand factors are different for healthcare vs. industrial? Is the equipment different? Why is the demand greater for industrial use? Is there more constant use in an industrial application then healthcare? Sorry I wasn't more specific the first time.

Thank you.

I know that article 517 covers the special requirements for healthcare facilities and article 660's scope is non-healthcare uses of x-ray devices. I am trying to figure out why the demand factors are different for healthcare vs. industrial? Is the equipment different? Why is the demand greater for industrial use? Is there more constant use in an industrial application then healthcare? Sorry I wasn't more specific the first time.

Thank you.

Its my understanding there is a design and spec difference in medical xrays. Also as you may have guessed, the demand factor is different because of the more constant use in an industrial application.

ZCBee

Its my understanding there is a design and spec difference in medical xrays. Also as you may have guessed, the demand factor is different because of the more constant use in an industrial application.

That was my conclusion too, just curious to know more specifics. I know that portable x-ray machines are used in commercial/industrial refrigeration inspection. Not sure of other applications but must be other inspection equipment out there.

Worked on low voltage installation at a WalMart dist. center and had to leave sections of building being x-ray inspected The scuttle butt was that it would make you glow! if working underneath the roof. Pipes being x-rayed were on the exterior of the roof. Sounds that the x-rays emitted are a lot stronger than those emitted while sitting in the dentist chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.