Article 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
No. Not safe to assume.

Personally I would argue that all of those sections apply only to DC disconnects except where the language specifically refers to an AC disconnect. AC disconnecting means general requirements are covered in Article 705.

But it is not safe to assume anything about how AC vs. DC requirements will be interpreted by a building department.

See, you have a different interpretation than I do. :D

ageconsys

No. Not safe to assume.

Personally I would argue that all of those sections apply only to DC disconnects except where the language specifically refers to an AC disconnect. AC disconnecting means general requirements are covered in Article 705.

But it is not safe to assume anything about how AC vs. DC requirements will be interpreted by a building department.

See, you have a different interpretation than I do. :D

I tend to agree, what I find a little confusing is 690.13 says DC conductors need to have a disconnect 690.14 then says Additional Provisions. So, is this additional provisions for DC disconnects in 690.13 or all disconnects and why on earth do they say in 690.15 disconnection
of Photovoltaic Equipment?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I tend to agree, what I find a little confusing is 690.13 says DC conductors need to have a disconnect 690.14 then says Additional Provisions. So, is this additional provisions for DC disconnects in 690.13 or all disconnects and why on earth do they say in 690.15 disconnection
of Photovoltaic Equipment?
MA is under 2014 NEC requirements. Why are you quoting 2011 NEC sections? For example, there is no 690.14 in the 2014 edition.

BTW, welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.