auto transfer switch locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

reldad

I was under the impression that the auto transfer switches had to have at least a dividing wall between them and normal power to avoid the normal power from damaging the auto transfer switch in case of a blow up. I just can not find it in the NEC, is it in the NFPA 70 ? Can anyone help?

Cavie

I was under the impression that the auto transfer switches had to have at least a dividing wall between them and normal power to avoid the normal power from damaging the auto transfer switch in case of a blow up. I just can not find it in the NEC, is it in the NFPA 70 ? Can anyone help?

You won't find it. It ain't there. Sombodys jerkin' your chain. Think about what you said. Normal power is in the transfer switch. Emergancy power is in the transfer switch. What is this wall going to do??

Perhaps you are referring to a NFPA 110 requirement (7.2.2) for Level 1 equipment not being installed in the same room with normal service equipment, where the service equipment is rated over 150 volts to ground and equal to or greater than 1000 amps. You've not provided enough information to determine if these requirements would apply your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.