Autocad help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJW

I have auto cad 2008 LT and I'm having problems inserting a series rating table into a drawing. I have tried using insert-ole-adobe product and the table is inserted but is hard to read. The file I tried to insert was a PDF that I scanned in at 600x600 resolution.

I have also tried to insert it as a jpeg using paintbrush. This will get it into the drawing and readable but when I try to plot it doesn't show up.

I have also tried to copy from paintbrush and paste directly into the drawing and I get really strange results. It pastes a long skinny picture that it will not allow me to edit.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mike

sparky=t

I have also tried to insert it as a jpeg using paintbrush. This will get it into the drawing and readable but when I try to plot it doesn't show up.

does your plotter support images?

MJW

I have not tried printing on my plotter yet, just on my laser printer. I basically tried to print the table with the notes I added to see how the notes looked. My notes printed but not the table.

I'm in Brighton also, maybe we are in a weird vortex that doesn't allow printing.

gardiner

I have the full version of 2008 and always get a poor quality insertion when I use Adobe. I find if possible convert the origional to either word or excel and the quality seems better.

BrianMuir

try scanning into a raw image format, such as jpeg.
My method with AutoCAD LT 2010 is to attach those files directly, no intermediate application required. I think it should work in 2008.

_attach

MJW

Thanks for the link. If I find anything there I will let everyone know.

I was able to insert a logo that was a jpeg and it inserted and printed without a problem.

As a workaround I took my files to my friend's computer that has autocad 2009. The files inserted without a problem on that version.

Npstewart

I wouldn't insert a PDF file directly into a drawing, it is very tough to work with unless you have 20GB of ram. If you have to, then you should insert into paperspace so its actually workable.

The best thing to do is to scan the image as a TIF or JPEG file. Then go to "insert" at the top of the program, and click on "insert raster image". Insert the image with a locked aspect ratio into model space or paper space.

No matter which way you do it, make sure the image is not in a "defpoints" layer, or any other layer that is set not to print. That might be why your image wont print. A lot of people put the image in a defpoints layer because they think it gets rid of the boarder, but it actually makes the entire image disappear.

If you cant select the image, your image frames might be turned off. type in the command prompt "imageframe" and set the value to 1. Then change the layer to "0" or some other layer that will print. If you want to hide the frame then type in "imageframe" and set the value to "0". Whenever you need to manipulate the image, you have to turn the frame back on.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.