Available Short Circuit Current

Status
Not open for further replies.

PE-noy

Utility Co. typically provides us with the 3-phase bolted fault available at the service point. For a grounded wye system (assuming balanced load on all three phases), what's the multiplier to get the equivalent line-to-ground fault current?
I appreciate any input and all the information in this Forum. Thank you all!

brian senske

availabe fault current

availabe fault current

Does any one know the formula for short cicuit calculations/available short circuit calculations. I was taking a test and I had a few "available fault current" questons that didnt work with my formulas from my uglys or my firms fast finder. The formulas that I have require you to plug in the number of conductors and the length of the conductors, the questoin from the test didnt give me that information. any information would be appreciated, thanks vey much.

brian senske said:
Does any one know the formula for short cicuit calculations/available short circuit calculations. I was taking a test and I had a few "available fault current" questons that didnt work with my formulas from my uglys or my firms fast finder. The formulas that I have require you to plug in the number of conductors and the length of the conductors, the questoin from the test didnt give me that information. any information would be appreciated, thanks vey much.

Brian
I am curious, how was the question worded?

72.5kv

Take a look through Mike Holts free documents. There is a pdf file that show step by step how to calculate worst case scenerio fault current levels. All factors are considered. eg conductor lenght, number runs, and transformer worst case impedence.

Status
Not open for further replies.