back feed circuit breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlev1

New User
Occupation
electrician
I am using a back feed 30A cb as a means of disconnect as per 225.30 I have a 30A overcurrent device ahead in the mdp. My question is would I be required to use a hold down clip per 408.36(d)?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If you wish to entertain a real "oddity" in the Code, if there are more than 2 circuits, it should be a 60 amp(225.39)

CrazyWabbit

Occupation
Engr
If you wish to entertain a real "oddity" in the Code, if there are more than 2 circuits, it should be a 60 amp(225.39)
so what should the breaker be for a 50 amp, with interlock kit, receptacle for a generator disconnect in a panel with more then two circuits? i would think 50 amp!

225.39 Rating of Disconnect. The feeder or branch-circuit disconnecting means shall have a rating of not less than the calculated load to be supplied, determined in accordance with Parts I and II of Article 220 for branch circuits, Part III or IV of Article 220 for feeders, or Part V of Article 220 for farm loads. Where the branch circuit or feeder disconnecting means consists of more than one switch or circuit breaker, as permitted by 225.33, combining the ratings of all the switches or circuit breakers for determining the rating of the disconnecting means shall be permitted. In no case shall the rating be lower than specified in 225.39(A), (B), (C), or (D).

Status
Not open for further replies.