Back to back 90's using a GREENLEE 854DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macey 5/23

I read the manual and bending tables, but my results were off. Is there a multiplier I can use if my height, and or length don't match the table values?
Any insight, or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Every bender has it's own quirks.

The first thing you should do with a new bender is run some test pieces through it and adjust your measurements and deducts accordingly.

The only person that can do that, is you.

Santa49

Occupation
retired
The best thing I found is to read and understand some of the concepts of math and finding angles and lengths and sides of a triangle. I'm not a math guy, but this article helped me out quit a lot. Google "Formulas and multipliers for bending conduit or electrical pipe by Dan Harmon". After I looked through that article, I figured out it's too much math to remember. Found my old 1990 Greenlee conduit bending handbook. The Handbook has tables of offsets from 1" to 25" with 1 degree bends thru 48 degrees showing the distance between bends. If used often enough you could come up with your own multipliers and remember them. I think your electrical supplier or the person you purchased the bender from should be able to come up with a handbook. Just keep in mind that "anyone" can install crooked conduit. Takes a lot of practice to install it correct the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.