Bad Gfci and switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsbrush

I use P&S products. Yesterday I installed 3 GFCI's a switch and a light.
One of the GFCI's only worked on the top half only. I was a little aggravated at this because, I had to redo it and I do not like to redo things. So today at 4:30 I got a call from the gc and he told me that the light that was installed was not working. So I went to see what the problem was and low and behold it's the switch. There was no continuity from the hot and the switch leg. Has that happen to anyone? I feel like sending P&S a bill for faulty equipment, Is there something internal in a switch that burns out if there is to much load?

ultramegabob

the the switch has contacts in it that can burn out if overloaded, they sometimes weld themselves closed and you cant turn the circuit off also.

peter d

mdshunk said:
I'd say it was just your "lucky" day. P&S is noted for making high quality devices, so your experience is quite unusual.

I think the P&S residential grade stuff in on par with the other brands...after all the price point is the same so it's only going to be a certain level of quality. That said, even P&S resi grade is a slight notch better than Leviton.

benaround

jmsbrush said:
I use P&S products. Yesterday I installed 3 GFCI's a switch and a light.
One of the GFCI's only worked on the top half only. I was a little aggravated at this because, I had to redo it and I do not like to redo things. So today at 4:30 I got a call from the gc and he told me that the light that was installed was not working. So I went to see what the problem was and low and behold it's the switch. There was no continuity from the hot and the switch leg. Has that happen to anyone? I feel like sending P&S a bill for faulty equipment, Is there something internal in a switch that burns out if there is to much load?

Maybe it's time to turn the cluch setting down a little on the cordless ?

Status
Not open for further replies.