Banned Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

my cupboard.

did you know spam now comes in several flavors?

monty_python_spam.jpg

iwire

Staff member
Did you know that Spam is considered a delicacy in Hawaii?

Did you know 42 percent of Native Hawaiians are overweight. and Native Hawaiians have the highest mortality of any ethnic group living in the US. Native Hawaiians have death rates from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer that are 44 percent greater, 22 percent greater, and 39 percent greater, respectively, than the entire US population.

http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Healt...sity-in-Japanese-Americans.html#ixzz0StqsWfMk

wbalsam1

Did you know 42 percent of Native Hawaiians are overweight. and Native Hawaiians have the highest mortality of any ethnic group living in the US. Native Hawaiians have death rates from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer that are 44 percent greater, 22 percent greater, and 39 percent greater, respectively, than the entire US population.

http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Healt...sity-in-Japanese-Americans.html#ixzz0StqsWfMk

Sounds like some of them don't live long enough to get banned from this site. :mad: (;))

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Did you know 42 percent of Native Hawaiians are overweight. and Native Hawaiians have the highest mortality of any ethnic group living in the US. Native Hawaiians have death rates from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer that are 44 percent greater, 22 percent greater, and 39 percent greater, respectively, than the entire US population.http://www.faqs.org/abstracts/Healt...sity-in-Japanese-Americans.html#ixzz0StqsWfMk
Yikes! We better hurry up and eat our Spam before it affects us like that. :roll:

iMuse97

Did you know 87% of statistics are based on questions (or a set of questions) that are intentionally misleading?

Why did you pose that as a question? Are you leading us in some mis-direction? If so, did you know that I am a contrarian and can argue with anyone about anything, anytime? Do you want to confirm this with my wife and kids or my co-workers? And most importantly, do I get banned if I get too argumentative about this?

zog

I do now. :)

Did you know that Spam is considered a delicacy in Hawaii?

Did you know in Minnesota there is a Spam Museum?

Did you know the old Minnesota Moose (OF the IHL) had a giant zamboni custom made to look like a can of Spam and called it, yep, the Spamboni?

e57

More refutable facts:
In the United States, Spam is quite popular, but is sometimes associated with economic hardship, due to its relatively low cost.[11]
The residents of the state of Hawaii and the territories of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) consume the most Spam per capita in the United States. On average, each person on Guam consumes 16 tins of Spam each year and the numbers at least equal this in the CNMI. Guam, Hawaii, and Saipan, the CNMI's principal island, have the only McDonald's restaurants that feature Spam on the menu. Burger King, in Hawaii, began serving Spam in 2007 on its menu to compete with the local McDonald's chains.[12][13]
In Hawaii, Spam is so popular it is sometimes dubbed "The Hawaiian Steak".[14] It is traditionally reheated (cooked), resulting in a different taste from Spam eaten by many Americans on the mainland, who may eat Spam cold.[15] One popular Spam dish in Hawaii is Spam musubi, in which cooked Spam is combined with rice and nori seaweed and classified as onigiri.[16]
Spam was introduced into the aforementioned areas, in addition to other islands in the Pacific such as Okinawa and the Philippine Islands, during the U.S. military occupation in World War II. Since fresh meat was difficult to get to the soldiers on the front, World War II saw the largest use of Spam. GIs started eating Spam for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (Some soldiers referred to Spam as "ham that didn't pass its physical" and "meatloaf without basic training".)[17] Surpluses of Spam from the soldiers' supplies made their way into native diets. Consequently, Spam is a unique part of the history and effects of U.S. influence in the Pacific.[18]
The perception of Spam in Hawaii is very different from that on the mainland. Despite the large number of mainlanders who eat Spam, and the various recipes that have been made from it, Spam, along with most canned food, is often stigmatized on the mainland as "poor people food". In Hawaii, similar canned meat products such as Treet are referred to as "poor people Spam".
-----------------

brian john

Somebody eats it.

More than 4 billion cans of Spam, made of pork shoulder and ham, have been produced since 1937, and today it is selling better than ever, holding 75 percent of the market for canned luncheon meat, said Allan Krejci, a spokesman for Hormel.

What our former President Dwight D. Eisenhower said about Spam.

''I ate my share of Spam along with millions of other soldiers,'' Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote to Hormel in 1966. ''I'll even confess to a few unkind remarks about it - uttered during the strain of battle, you understand. But as former Commander in Chief, I believe I can still forgive you your only sin: sending us so much of it.''

Status
Not open for further replies.