barn lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireperson

Im looking for 8 ft outdoor fluorescent fixtures to be used for a barn lighting, any suggestions in what brand to use ? use 4 ft lamps or 8 ft? I don't see too many online and my supplier doesn't have them

kwired

Electron manager
Im looking for 8 ft outdoor fluorescent fixtures to be used for a barn lighting, any suggestions in what brand to use ? use 4 ft lamps or 8 ft? I don't see too many online and my supplier doesn't have them

Get a different supplier. Vaportight fluorescent fixtures are not that uncommon. I could understand them not having any in stock but they should be able to get what you want. Not sure what is available in 8 foot lengths, and may be best to go with something that uses 4 foot lamps even if available in an 8 foot unit.

They will likely cost enough that you may want to consider LED luminaires of some sort though.

ceb58

547.8 Luminaires.
Luminaires shall comply with 547.8(A)
through (C).
(A) Minimize the Entrance of Dust.
Luminaires shall be
installed to minimize the entrance of dust, foreign matter,
moisture, and corrosive material.
(B) Exposed to Physical Damage.
Luminaires exposed to
physical damage shall be protected by a suitable guard.
(C) Exposed to Water.
Luminaires exposed to water from
condensation, building cleansing water, or solution shall be
listed as suitable for use in wet locations.

Slowes or Home despot carries vapor proof fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.