bath house

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronlow00

I am currently working on an aquatic center that was built in the 70's and is now being remodeled. The building consists of a concessions area, concessions storage, mens and womens bath rooms and changing rooms, and staff rooms. I am trying to figure if their is any reasion that the existing receptacles have to be GFCI protected. Where can I find any Codes on GFCI protection about the building if any.

jimwalker

Re: bath house

All bathrooms residential or commercial require any receptacles to be gfci protected,however you are not required in commercial bathrooms to have an outlet.If this is a remodel you may or maynot be grandfathered in.Best to call the inspector for his advice.

jimwalker

210.8 (B) Other Than Dwelling Units. All 125-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampere receptacles installed in the locations specified in (1), (2), and (3) shall have ground-fault circuit-interrupter protection for personnel:
(1) Bathrooms
(2) Rooftops
(3) Kitchens
Exception: Receptacles that are not readily accessible and are supplied from a dedicated branch circuit for electric snow-melting or deicing equipment shall be permitted to be installed in accordance with the applicable provisions of Article 426.

allenwayne

I go with Jim call the AHJ and see what he wants.Guess it depends on extent of remodel.If you open it most times it has to meet current code requiremants

Status
Not open for further replies.