Bathroom LED and exhaust fan

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
Has anyone ever came across a bathroom exhaust fan that makes the lights come on for just a brief second when turning the fan off with the lights turned off at the switch?

My new double wide does this. Never seen this happen before until this house . I assume it’s counter EMF from the fan motor.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I had one do that just last year. I wrote it off to the LED bulb and some kind of interference from the fan motor. Customer wasn't concerned about it as it only happened when the fan was turned off. It would occasionally flicker the light when turned on, but mostly when turned off.
You might try an incandescent bulb if it is LED.

Dsg319

Occupation
Wv Master “lectrician”
I had one do that just last year. I wrote it off to the LED bulb and some kind of interference from the fan motor. Customer wasn't concerned about it as it only happened when the fan was turned off. It would occasionally flicker the light when turned on, but mostly when turned off.
You might try an incandescent bulb if it is LED.
I’m not really concerned about it but really just more curious as to if Counter EMF from the fan motor is the culprit. I would believe it has to be.

It actually will even cause the lights in the bedroom which must be in the same circuit to flicker on.

Shaneyj

Occupation
Project Engineer
Has anyone ever came across a bathroom exhaust fan that makes the lights come on for just a brief second when turning the fan off with the lights turned off at the switch?

My new double wide does this. Never seen this happen before until this house . I assume it’s counter EMF from the fan motor.

I’ve got a nightstand with an led toe kick lamp. I can flash it on/off by toggling the fan switch.
I think it’s the magnetic field of the fan motor collapsing and being absorbed by a cheap driver in IKEA furniture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk