Battery Charging for 12VDC

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
We have an issue with power supplies for certain Siemens panels. They are not switching back to AC after a power outage, and then they drain the battery so low that when the tech goes back to the site to reset the panel, they won't charge the batteries. We are working with Siemens on this issue. In the meantime, if we use a regular battery charger to bring the batteries above 11 volts, the charger will "see" them again and charge them properly.

My question is this; can we charge multiple batteries off a single charger by stringing them together in parallel, assuming equal voltage and A-hr ratings.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
We have an issue with power supplies for certain Siemens panels. They are not switching back to AC after a power outage, and then they drain the battery so low that when the tech goes back to the site to reset the panel, they won't charge the batteries. We are working with Siemens on this issue. In the meantime, if we use a regular battery charger to bring the batteries above 11 volts, the charger will "see" them again and charge them properly.

My question is this; can we charge multiple batteries off a single charger by stringing them together in parallel, assuming equal voltage and A-hr ratings.
I do it all the time for starting batteries on equipment, All my stuff has at least 2 batteries, some of it 4

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
It looks like they have a firmware fix for the power supplies. Thanks to all who responded.