Battery Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
I am designing an off-grid system yusing Schneider XW-Pro inverters and their charge controllers. Looking for any recommendations from someone with experience fwith Fortress eVault or Homegrid LFP battery systems that are compatible with this Schneider equipment. The system cost is really creeping up their so trying to provide the best system at the most reasonable cost for this customer. Any advice or learnings would be appreciated.

SolarJax

Occupation
Solar Designer
That combination isn't great. The XW-Pro inverters top out at 6.8 kW, so you aren't using the power of the eVault. Talk to Fortress. They can explain why this isn't a great option.
What size system are you looking at? If you only need a single XW-Pro, use the eFlex batteries. And if you need more power, skip Schneider and focus on Sol-Ark.

solarken

NABCEP PVIP
Occupation
Solar Design and Installation Professional
That combination isn't great. The XW-Pro inverters top out at 6.8 kW, so you aren't using the power of the eVault. Talk to Fortress. They can explain why this isn't a great option.
What size system are you looking at? If you only need a single XW-Pro, use the eFlex batteries. And if you need more power, skip Schneider and focus on Sol-Ark.
I am a big fan of Schneider. They have an integral toroidal transformer and as a result huge surge capacity, and they withstand large phase imbalance. I have not installed Sol-Ark yet, but they are transformerless and I have read they have issues with starting large loads and can shut down when there is significant phase imbalance. Two XW-Pros with 13.6kW continuous power and surge capacities of 17kW for 30 minutes and 24kW for 10 seconds can handle a lot of loads seen in the average home.

I settled on Fortress for this project. I am not sure I agree with your opinion they are not a good match. If you are pulling more than 6.8kW continuous out of an 18.5Wh battery, your backup duration is going to be lousy.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I settled on Fortress for this project. I am not sure I agree with your opinion they are not a good match. If you are pulling more than 6.8kW continuous out of an 18.5Wh battery, your backup duration is going to be lousy.
I'm sure you meant to say an 18.5kWh battery, otherwise your backup duration is going to be very lousy indeed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.