BEAM CLAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

I see where it says load and the threaded rod goes there. What about the other threaded hole? What the hell could that be for? It's a T&B piece. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 0

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I see where it says load and the threaded rod goes there. What about the other threaded hole? What the hell could that be for? It's a T&B piece. Thanks.
Looks like an ordinary machine screw or bolt goes there and presses against the tab on the end of the hinged piece to hold the jaws tight against whatever you are clamping it to.
That was not quite what I meant to say.....

Google is your friend: http://www-public.tnb.com/shared/inst/ta04547-tb2.pdf

In the simple hanger rod application, the rod is also the clamping force. In the side mount use, you put a bolt into the "Load" hole to clamp the fitting and bolt your actual load to the side of the clamp using the other hole.

Last edited:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
In the simple hanger rod application, the rod is also the clamping force. In the side mount use, you put a bolt into the "Load" hole to clamp the fitting and bolt your actual load to the side of the clamp using the other hole.

From the link you posted: it appears when using the side hole to mount an item, the force is still vertical and in the direction of the 'load' arrow.
Evidently this clamp cannot be used with the 'jaw' in a horizontal orientation (i.e. when the beam is vertical).

Status
Not open for further replies.