Bending EMT Back to Back 90 bends

Occupation
Residential/Commercial Electrical Instructor
You can.
Dont call it a rise, it is a °90 stub, made w/out cutting. Sweet, right?!
A back to back, while it seems similar- is best distinguished from making a "back of the °90" bend. Which in turn is best to learn it, a specific length 90 stub or a specific "back of a 90"...
The reason for not always using arrow or star is sooner or later the bender handle gets in the way, say a b. to b. bend at 2' w/ 2' stubs...
The point is to cut less, and use the easiest math/mark and bender to pipe floor leverage...
Try it is my point. Too many people get turned around bending pipe, including having the bender turned around.
Master stub ups (-) master back of 90's, master offsets and then center bends..

Ive also found in teaching, if a student asks why- wether you know the answer or not... well, theres todays lesson.
"Lets figure out why!" Bam.
Truly an awesome answer Sir! Thank you! And yes, especially with their cell phones, when I do not know, I assign them to "teach" us all when they find the answer! "If it ain't grounded, it ain't dead"

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
Truly an awesome answer Sir! Thank you! And yes, especially with their cell phones, when I do not know, I assign them to "teach" us all when they find the answer! "If it ain't grounded, it ain't dead"
Glad to hear.
But that grounded analogy sorta scares me... another thread topic some other time.