Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Steel, the brand doesn't really matter.

Roger

kwired

Electron manager
What if the connector says "zinc"

IS that just the coating or the whole thing is zinc?

All zinc is a die cast zinc fitting. They break off easier than a steel fitting does.

Best die cast zinc fittings used to be "Regal" fittings, but they are no longer around. I switched to using steel fittings when they disappeared, they all seem to be about the same, gets to the point you have to wonder if they aren't all made at the same place anyway.

Haven't found a "raintight fitting" I like yet, they all stink.

StarCat

Industrial Engineering Tech
Occupation
Imdustrial Engineering Technician - HVACR Electrical and Mechanical Systems
What is your favorite? What is the best? Raco-Hubell? Halex? Arlington? Steal-City?

Bridgeport " used " to make the best long radius liquid tight connectors in the trade. Then one day a box showed up that were the same thing as the worst ones I have ever used. When I asked the people at Bridgeport about this change they claimed ignorance saying that they knew nothing of a change in the product. This is what corporations and monetization do to things. So the so called execs at that company were fully ignorant that the product was downgraded. Talk about compartmentalization.
They create a downward spiral of quality and utility where everything starts to evaporate. There is a major lot of ineptitude going on at large, all in the name of making everything cheaper and charging a higher price. The reliability of our " Tech " had been mostly, and steadily going down for the last 30 years, yet almost no one notices this fact or cares about the colossal amount of time it wastes.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
All zinc is a die cast zinc fitting. They break off easier than a steel fitting does.

Best die cast zinc fittings used to be "Regal" fittings, but they are no longer around. I switched to using steel fittings when they disappeared, they all seem to be about the same, gets to the point you have to wonder if they aren't all made at the same place anyway.

Haven't found a "raintight fitting" I like yet, they all stink.

Bummer.

How is Hubell-Raco?

Status
Not open for further replies.