Best Solar Panel Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I still stand by my belief that there is no functional requirement (other than NEC, UL, IEEE, etc "red tape") for the neutral conductor (except if the neutral is actually current carrying as has been mentioned, which in that case it shouldnt be designed that way IMO). As I said before, it just seems like something we could get rid of if everyone would get on the same page.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I wouldn't consider a neutral used only for voltage measurement with a high impedance meter to be current carrying. The NEC doesnt say its ok, but they dont say its not OK either.

I still stand by my belief that there is no functional requirement (other than NEC, UL, IEEE, etc "red tape") for the neutral conductor (except if the neutral is actually current carrying as has been mentioned, which in that case it shouldnt be designed that way IMO). As I said before, it just seems like something we could get rid of if everyone would get on the same page.

IIRC, the NEC expressly states that the neutral can be reduced to a size no smaller than the ECG if it is only used for voltage reference.

caribconsult

Occupation
Retired computer consultant
Basics

Basics

How about we start with some basics? What's the average load in Kw at your location? Look at your electric bill and divide the total consumption in Kwh by 30 to get daily load, and then again by 24 to get average hourly load. You need to know this to spec out a solar system that will power you as you expect. If you have lots of high-usage items like A/C, electric stove/water heater, electric clothes dryer, etc, you will need to take this in account.

So let's hear from you about your needs.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
How about we start with some basics? What's the average load in Kw at your location? Look at your electric bill and divide the total consumption in Kwh by 30 to get daily load, and then again by 24 to get average hourly load. You need to know this to spec out a solar system that will power you as you expect. If you have lots of high-usage items like A/C, electric stove/water heater, electric clothes dryer, etc, you will need to take this in account.

So let's hear from you about your needs.

Who are you talking to? The OP just wants to get into the industry. No one is asking about a specific system.

Status
Not open for further replies.