Bid history Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaw0486

Well i would like a software that is linked to my estimating software and it pulls information based on the type of occupant, type of contruction, type of wiring method, service size, etc.

dmagyar

Bid history tracking

Bid history tracking

One bit of popular software in the MS office group is access. It's a relational database, so should be appropriate for any type tracking you want to do on bids. If you don't need that much "horsepower" you could use a spreadsheet program like excel. With anything though, it's garbage in, garbage out; so make sure the data is input correctly. None of these will pull the information out of your estimating program though and I don't know what that program is that you're using.

Both of these solutions will need user input to work. I my experience the more specialized you want, and the more automatic, it's relational to how expensive it will be.

Bob Kraemer

Sorry to derail the post, but in this current economy, labor hours may mean something or not, but labor rate doesn't. I bid jobs @ x amount of hours and x amount of labor rate per hour & still get beat by thousands. And I bid at fair market value for my area :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

shaw0486

Eric,
Is it designed to pull information from the estimating software. Such as construction type, occupancy, wiring method, also can it sort estimate by estimator and month to find out what each estimator is estimating per month?

erickench

I just bought some estimating software from a company called National Estimator. This and certain other types of software work with Quickbooks but not all of them. Is your program able to work with Quickbooks? Check the company telephone/email.

macmikeman

One bit of popular software in the MS office group is access. It's a relational database, so should be appropriate for any type tracking you want to do on bids. If you don't need that much "horsepower" you could use a spreadsheet program like excel. With anything though, it's garbage in, garbage out; so make sure the data is input correctly. None of these will pull the information out of your estimating program though and I don't know what that program is that you're using.

Both of these solutions will need user input to work. I my experience the more specialized you want, and the more automatic, it's relational to how expensive it will be.

Very good suggestion about Access, for this particular case. Or Filemaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.