bidding approach for motels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronball

Occupation
Electric Contractor
Can any of you give us some basic bidding methods for motels/ new area for us. We mostly do apartment complexes. We have Comfort Inn ,to bid on. Can be done in Romex/ 3 storys ,wood frame. basis 8-9 ceiling. no individual room panels. ( each floor has panels to feed units on each level. Do you use any base sf. cost to start, and add additions etc. Appreciate any help,that I may use to start with. Ron, Central Illinois. p.s do we have any motel contractors that specialize in motel/hotel contracts. p.s motel haS APPROX. TOTAL OF 50,000 SF.

jimmyglen

I wish I could be of more help - I would think your apt experience would help you out

I used to do a ton of lighting design and direct sales to a hotel builder here in the mid-west (Indian guys) and they would always look for the lowest lowest # and bring in guys from out of town or whatever - so long as the price was LOW

but you never know

celtic

The units and the mech rooms are probably not that big of a deal - things you done before [I am assuming here].

The kicker will be the lobby/entrance....even if the place is low budget units, they will want the first impression to be grandiose ~ watch the details and notes on the print.

Status
Not open for further replies.