Bidding Multiple Generators at One Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyglen

We have bid a job at an existing nursing home where we are going to install 2 new generators and there is one existing. Design Build.

The way the buildings are layed out (additions - slabs etc) adding seperate generators is the only practical way to go. These are not llegally required sytems, they are for HVAC and one is for the elevator.

I have gone over Aticle 702 Optional Standby sytems and Article 705 Interconnected Electric Power Production Sources

I feel OK with everything so far but this is a rather large $$$$ project and I was hoping for any input or red flags that I could be missing.

It looks to me like for the most part that I need special labels at all services detailing the seperate power sources. Other than that I think normal code requirements just need to be met.

Thanks in advance

iwire

Staff member
Many of the Fire departments around are starting to expect all the buildings disconnecting means to be grouped. Often they will accept shut trip type arraignments with all the EPO buttons at the service, at the main entrance or at the fire panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.