Bollards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

hardworkingstiff said:
While I agree with those that are saying installing a couple of bollards is not a big deal, it is not common for the EC to be responsible for them.

I agree, its not common, that usually falls on the Riggers or general contractor, but if they want me to set ballards, apply caution tape, paint the floor around the panel, I dont care, I will do it, Im in business to make money. If you feel you are above that kind of work, you can just sub it out and mark it up, personally, I like to keep as much profit to myself as I can, so I tend to do things myself....:D

480sparky

In some cases, you make more money subbing it out.

Think about it. We can wire a structure for less because we know how, and we're experienced. We also have the tools & resources that reduce labor & material costs.

The same applies to the other trades. They have the tools & resources in place we don't. So the painter can paint cheaper than we can. The 'crete guy can build a bollard for less than we can.

That's why I sub out so much. They're pros at what they do, so not only do I get a job done better than I could do it myself, it's done quicker to boot. Sub it out, and mark it up. Make money off of someone else's work. The GC does it, why not you?

Status
Not open for further replies.