Bonding a floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskrat

:confused:The contractor installed Nora Environcare ED(electrostatic discharg?) flooring. It uses a conductive mastic and flooring that has a 3/8" self-adhesive copper foil ribbon (1 per 1000 sq.ft.)(+/- 6" tail curled up above the cove base). Any of you vastly more experienced people ever tried to deal w/ this stuff?;) There's a 1/4X1" copper bar w/ #6AWG back to service ground 4'AFF directly above it. What are your suggestions to tie copper foil to buss bar(split bolt&#12 solid?):-? The company is NO help:mad:

Awg-Dawg

I just did one a month ago. I also found no info on connecting it.

I ended up canibalizing an old 1/4" by 2" ground bar cut in half and "sandwiching" the foil in between. Then putting a lug on it.

Its the only thing I could think of that didnt look like a third grader did it.:confused:

ceb58

I just did one a month ago. I also found no info on connecting it.

I ended up canibalizing an old 1/4" by 2" ground bar cut in half and "sandwiching" the foil in between. Then putting a lug on it.

Its the only thing I could think of that didnt look like a third grader did it.:confused:

Some times you gotta do what you gotta do:D
We use ground bars that have bars built on them for the straps. Look around for grounding bars for communication equipment.

The coating on the back of the floor-covering web and the other side of the backing web are at least partially plastified by heating and wherein the heated sides of the pile material and the backing web are placed against each other and the webs bonded together.

Status
Not open for further replies.