Bonding at Reducing washers

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Re: Bonding at Reducing washers

Tom, do you have the 2004 version of hte UL White Book? I have the PDF version and it is is mine.

This category covers supports for outlet and flush device boxes; fittings for use in or on outlet and flush device boxes, such as knockout reducers, seals and insulating inserts, and cord grip attachments; service entrance heads for rigid conduit or electrical metallic tubing; cable riser supports; and bushings for use on the ends of rigid or flexible conduit, or electrical
metallic tubing, where a change to open wiring is made.

Metal reducing washers are considered suitable for grounding for use in circuits over and under 250 V and where installed in accordance with ANSI/NFPA 70, ??National Electrical Code.

This seems pretty clear to me.

russ

Tom,

I should have mentioned I used the on line version on the UL web site.
I went to the on line certification directory.

Then went to UL category code /guide information.

Then put (reducing washers) into the Key Word Search within Guide information only.

Sorry for the confusion, I dind't check the printed 2003 White book version which I have.

russ

By the way, I put in a request for the technical data used for testing the reducing washers, and the results.

I will post the information when I receive it.

I'm very interested in this information for inspection purposes.

russ

UL got back to me on the reducing washers, and I was told that the reducing washers are tested using the same procedures and fault current values as connectors are tested with.

As far as installing reducing washers in boxes, panels, or troughs that are painted, the paint would have to be removed.

In all cases when a connector is installed on a painted surface the paint must be removed. Usually that can be accomplished by turning the locknut and scraping the paint. (my opinion only)I don't think installing a connector buy holding the locknut in the box and turning the connector can accomplish that.

Edit to add the last sentence is MHO

[ December 14, 2004, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: russ ]

hank1

I've got a set of various size donuts on a piece of wire and had this set for about 10 years, only use them in emergencys when I accidently break out the the 3/4" knockout and I need the 1/2" when wiring residential. I would probably bond around for 277 or better.

Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.