Bonding at Separate Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisDoody

I am installing a #2 aerial feeder to serve a pond aerator. This feeder will terminate into a GE raintight load center. There will be no EGC with the feeder. So in this case I guess you should drive a set of grounding rods and tie the equipment grounding (bonding) conductor into the grounded (neutral) conductor at the load center. This installation should be able to handle the maximum unbalanced load on the neutral and eliminate any parallel neutral current paths back to the power supply source.
Thanks,
Fran

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Re: Bonding at Separate Building

Is there a question, Francis?

If you're seeking approval, you appear to have your ducks in a row.

There are probably grounding electrodes superior to your ground rods at the supply for the feeder, but you are compliant if you proceed as you've outlined. :)

Edit: There are no metallic water pipes from the structure to the pond, correct? ;)

[ June 18, 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

FrancisDoody

I was seeking an approval on this installation I am not aware of any metal piping that exists from the house to the pond. I do not expect in the future that an unacceptable parallel path for objectionable neutral current would be installed via piping or cables.

Thank you,
Fran

FrancisDoody

There are probably grounding electrodes superior to your ground rods at the supply for the feeder, but you are compliant if you proceed as you've outlined.

I grounded neutal was taken from the neutral bar at the main disconnect. This is the typical main panel with the EGC connected to the well water pipe in the house that is connected to a plastic pipe between the foundation and the well head and a two rod grounding field. Don't know what the impedance is (25 ohms). So really in this case the ground rods are the only tie to ground. A check at the new panel showed 119.0 volt on one phase and 116.4 volts on the other phase. What other superior ground would you have in mind.
Thanks
Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.