Bonding Isolated Faucets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single family dwelling during a remodel the plumber has replaced sections of hot and cold water lines with plastic water lines to connect to the faucets. There are only short sections of copper stubbed out at wall to connect faucets. According to 250.104(1) these isolated water lines need to be bonded using table 250.66. We have a 400 amp service fed with 600 mcm cu so a 1/0 cu bonding jumper would be required. This seems a little over sized just to bond a faucet. Am I interpreting this right? Looking for some thoughts on this.

Are you saying because there is only one faucet and not defined as a system that its not required to be bonded? Please explain

pierre

250.102 Bonding of Piping Systems and Exposed Structural Steel.

(A) Metal Water Piping. The metal water piping system shall be bonded...

Pieces of piping such as from the faucets are not required to be bonded.

bphgravity

I agree with Pierre.

I don't understand why water piping is required to be bonded with a 250.66 jumper regardless if the pipe is likely to be energized while other piping systems only require a 250.122 jumper and only when the system is LIKELY to become energized?

We obviously don't want the interior water pipe to serve as a grounding electrode, yet we bond it like it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.