Bonding jumper options

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungrounded

What code section are you getting this idea from. You don't need to drive a new ground rod. You can bug onto the GEC going to the ground rod.

If it were not allowed there would be no requirement for the inter-system bonding whatchamacallit that nobody uses. Go ahead and get one and use it. You might be the first on your block. Pretty good bragging rights there.

Chalk it up to my misinterpretation of 250.64(C). :slaphead: Partly due to the fact I had no plans on using any splicing method listed in 250.64(C)(1).

Regarding the inter-system bonding whatchamacallit ;), was that added to the code to just to provide a convenient ground point for cable and dish installers? What are the odds that your service entrance location is ideal for a dish or antenna installation.

And finally, a thanks to the experts for their input.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Regarding the inter-system bonding whatchamacallit ;), was that added to the code to just to provide a convenient ground point for cable and dish installers? What are the odds that your service entrance location is ideal for a dish or antenna installation.
I'm sure it was.
I've put three of them in since the requirement and each time the phone and cable guys ignored my elegant, code required watchamacallit and used a split bolt on the wire going to the ground rod.
Dish guys around here don't make an attempt to anything. They mount the dish, drag coax everywhere and run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.