Bonding of pex fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I had to bond to a pex system once. :blink: I looked at the inspector and said, you know it's not metal, right? Yeah, he says, but it's connected to a copper pipe that goes into the ground. :huh:

<20' of #4 and a j-jr or a battle with an inspector...
Sounds like he's saying it's a metal water pipe electrode... :happyyes:

A lot of people think the electrode rules only apply to the incoming water pipe, but it applies to outgoing metal water pipes too.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
[=Smart $;1822583]Sounds like he's saying it's a metal water pipe electrode... :happyyes:

A lot of people think the electrode rules only apply to the incoming water pipe, but it applies to outgoing metal water pipes too.[/QUOTE]
Weve bonded to a lot of galvanized lines that drained into black cast iron leaving the building. Makes the tub faucets and tub the same potential.

Somtimes that is all you can do.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Sounds like he's saying it's a metal water pipe electrode... :happyyes:

A lot of people think the electrode rules only apply to the incoming water pipe, but it applies to outgoing metal water pipes too.

I had driven rods. The water line was not the grounding electrode. All water and waste piping was non-metallic. Like I said earlier, though, for me the wire and clamp were less of a head-ache than going round with the inspector. It was the only ding on a historic home demo and re-wire.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I had to bond to a pex system once. :blink: I looked at the inspector and said, you know it's not metal, right? Yeah, he says, but it's connected to a copper pipe that goes into the ground. :huh:

<20' of #4 and a j-jr or a battle with an inspector...

I had driven rods. The water line was not the grounding electrode. All water and waste piping was non-metallic. Like I said earlier, though, for me the wire and clamp were less of a head-ache than going round with the inspector. It was the only ding on a historic home demo and re-wire.
I certainly can't say from here... but your own words seem contradictory. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.