Books for the Unlimited Exam? Why not all pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappert

I am currently pushing through my Mike Holt's Electrical Exam Prep. I am starting to think I might not be able to afford my Masters License. The books alone $1200, the prep seminar.. $1200????? Any suggestions on preparing with no money? Anyone want to rent me their books? I absolutely LOVE electric current, its in my veins. I think I might just try and wing it. Question, if the exam is on a computer, why cant all my reference material be pdf documents?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I don't know about Florida but NC you come in with nothing. They provide the computer and the NEC for you to test with. I assume they also provide paper to work out your answers on.

In terms of prep you can take a course that prepares you for the exam. This is usually a few hundred bucks ($200) and it will help show you where you weaknesses are.

Mike Holt also has some free practice exams on his site at mikeholt.com under free stuff

fmtjfw

$1200 Nah!

$1200 Nah!

I bought NEC? Practice Questions book from Mike for way less than $100. If you do that and work through the tests, by the time you are done you will be in good shape for the exam. I took the tests and noted the questions I got wrong and restudied them. I also found 1 or 2 errors in the answer key.

It takes time, there are 2400 questions.

You are on your own in terms of calculation questions.

In WV you bring the current NEC, and possibly an Ugly's, and a 4 banger calculator; total less than $100.

Last edited:

jumper

I bought NEC? Practice Questions book from Mike for way less than $100. If you do that and work through the tests, by the time you are done you will be in good shape for the exam. I took the tests and noted the questions I got wrong and restudied them. I also found 1 or 2 errors in the answer key.

It takes time, there are 2400 questions.

You are on your own in terms of calculation questions.

In WV you bring the current NEC, and possibly an Ugly's, and a 4 banger calculator; total less than $100.

I hope that is the MH material and not the exam...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.