Box sizing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone wired cat 5 and power wiring to an Irwin pre-wired seating system for an auditorium? The seating is pre-wired 120V and comes with the receptacles as part of the furniture. What is the best way to feed the power and data to these units? Possibly provide a single box with a divider in it to separate the power and data? Know any boxes that come with a divider and how to size this box? Thanks.

mhulbert

Re: Box sizing help

I've never wired this seating before, and there was no detailed info on their website. Do you have to stub up individually to each pair of seats? I don't know whats under your theater, but what if you mount some dual channel wiremold or 4x4 wireway on the ceiling of whatever is below, and come out of the back of that into the seats with EMT or Flex?

If you are looking for a box with a divider, a 4S or 5S box has a place for a divider to slide in. The top is scored to break off depending on how deep of plaster ring you have. Most supply houses will have to special order this, I have a hard time finding them when needed.

[ November 07, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: mhulbert ]

Status
Not open for further replies.