Branch wiring for small hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
If they are dwelling units they also need at least two SABC's, maybe a dishwasher or even a laundry circuit in some cases - think resort type places where guests typically stay for more than just a night or two at at time. Though most those I been to are built more like an apartment complex than typical hotel rooms, but I have been to some that are hotel room style but do have kitchens in them.
Most hotel rooms have no provision for cooking in the rooms. I think that's what the OP is working with.

See post #11 where he "liked" my comment about microwaves, coffee pots, etc

kwired

Electron manager
Most hotel rooms have no provision for cooking in the rooms. I think that's what the OP is working with.

See post #11 where he "liked" my comment about microwaves, coffee pots, etc
I was just stating cases where the room might more likely qualify as a dwelling unit. There may be more reason to not share branch circuits with other "rooms" if it is a dwelling than if a basic guest room. I don't see any prohibition to say placing back to back receptacles in common wall of two units on same circuit in a typical guest room arrangement, particularly if the panel is in common space and not in guest room.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I don't see any prohibition to say placing back to back receptacles in common wall of two units on same circuit......
I don't see any prohibition either, but that's a good way to burn a lot of time keeping track from room to room.

I'd bet wiring each room separately, the same exact way, would shave 15% off the time

kwired

Electron manager
I don't see any prohibition either, but that's a good way to burn a lot of time keeping track from room to room.

I'd bet wiring each room separately, the same exact way, would shave 15% off the time
Wouldn't that common wall be the same every time as well? Seems your apprentices and even occasional journeyman would make less mistakes if there were one circuit for both sides of wall than they would with two circuits and have to keep track which side circuit each belongs to.

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Wouldn't that common wall be the same every time as well? Seems your apprentices and even occasional journeyman would make less mistakes if there were one circuit for both sides of wall than they would with two circuits and have to keep track which side circuit each belongs to.
Might just be a double wall with fire rock between, so might not even be a feasible option

Status
Not open for further replies.