Bryant breaker questions!

Not open for further replies.


New member
One of my properties has a Bryant breaker panel that was put in about 1970. It is working fine but I would like to add a "surge breaker" to help protect the entire house, after a surge "fried" my $1300 hot water heat pump. The outside meter base is recessed in brick and the circuit breaker box is flush in a finished wall. I thought the house construction would only allow for a surge breaker type installation. Any thoughts of the brand/type of surge breaker that would fit best/be listed??

Last edited by a moderator:

George Stolz

Staff member
Windsor, CO NEC: 2017
Service Manager
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
button at the top right corner of the post.
Not open for further replies.