Building a new Cable Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning,
We are heading towards building a new cable assembly which will include 1 inch flexiable conduit housing, 14- 18ga wires, 10- 16ga wires and 4 sheailded pairs. This conduit will be running in a cable bearer (cat track) that is about 55 feet long and tracks along the top of a sheet lifter all day long. This equipment is manufactured in Japan and the wire they used seems to be be more flexiable than the standards we use in america. My question is when buildign these cable assemblies is there a prefered wire to use rather than the typical THHN or TFFN? The last thing we want to do is build this assembly and have it break agian. Please forgive if this is a novice question but it's the first time I've built one that moves this much. Manufacture want about 3500 US dallors to make one for us, I have all the parts here in house to build my own. Thank you for your time and responces.

LHarrington

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
there is extra flexible cable made just for this purpose. call your supply house.

olflex is a common brand used for this kind of thing. works quite well in cat tracks.

in fact, some people call it cat track cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.