Bushing necessary on MC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

physis

Re: Bushing necessary on MC?

I said similar thar Tex.

Do you really think, unless I was in a real pickle and I had to, I would try to get away with using something incorrectly. Here, like no one would notice. And this being hypothetical there's no reason for me to not use the exact perfect connectors for this too. :cool:

The similarity would be were the connector threads pass through the panel hole and get a locknut. The ones that thread into the MC shealthing Look more like an EMT connector on the locknut side.

jason32

Wonderful debate,
Here's the bottom line, as I see it. The MC connector does not have sufficient thread left exposed(after locknut is installed) to secure the bushing even if it were required, by code, by spec, or otherwise. If the two fittings(connector/locknut,bushing) were intended to be used together, the threads would be longer, as they are with a PVC male adapter or EMT connector.
As Bob mentioned, the throat of the MC connector does have a significantly smaller inside diameter than the bushing anyhow.

physis

It's hardly relevant, I was just seeing if I could get this big ol square box in that iddy bitty round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.