Cable ties for MC cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

satcom

Re: Cable ties for MC cable

Steve,

Be careful not to tie on grid support wires, and use non-plenum rated ties in plenum ceilings, other wise have fun, and tie away.

smenser

Thanks guys for all the responses. I was excited to see when I turned on my computer at the office this morning that I had 20 responses to my question. However 15 of those dealt with bent nails and Cap locks. I was merely curious as to fact that tie wraps for MC cable are not specifically mentioned as they are in the article 320.30 for AC. It was my understanding in the 2002 code making cycle that the Tecnical Correlating committee reformated the code in a parallel article format. for example "330.30 Securing and Supporting", and "320.30 Securing and Supporting". It only seems to me the text in both articles wold be more in line with one another even though there is a difference in the distance between supports. The 90.4 reference is probably the best. Thanks again guys.

Steve Menser

pierre

Steve
One of the reasons there are some items that do not need to be listed is there are no listed products for that application. Then as Roger stated the AHJ uses his experience and knowledge to make the determination and approval/disapproval of the installation.
Tyraps for MC cable are fine for most AHJs

Pierre

cs409

I LOVE THIS FORUM,,,,,YALL HOLD ON WHILE I GET THE POPCORN AND BEER. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.